The purpose of the building standards is to assure a harmonious blend of style and quality
throughout the subdivision. It is the desire of the Architectural Control Committee for Ironbridge
to be one of the City's finest subdivisions now and for many years to come.
- Minimum square footage in living area.
- One level -- 1,550
- Two level -- 1,500 1st floor, 2,000 total
- Three level -- 1,500 1st floor, 2,000 total 1st and 2nd floor; plus basement
- In keeping with the top subdivisions in Springfield such as National Place, Quail Creek and
Spring Creek, it is expected that most homes will be brick. Areas that are difficult to brick,
such as cantilevered or boxed out areas, bay windows, dormers, kitchen window boxes, areas
areas above the garage door, and gable ends, may be stucco, masonite hardboard, or vinyl siding.
- In addition, to develop a truly distinctive community, the Architectural Control Committee will
consider other home designs which it considers to be consistent with Ironbridge. These will be
approved on a case by case basis in the committee's sole discretion, with consideration given to
design, exterior appearance, the use of appropriate materials, attention to detail, and commitment
- The finished floor elevation of the main floor must be higher than the curb elevation.
- Recommended exterior materials other than brick:
- Cedar or redwood - painted with color to be approved (no natural cedar or redwood)
- Masonry stucco - 3 step or 2 step process
- Exterior insulation system - use on styrofoam bead board only.
Acceptable materials: drivit, R-wall, or approved equal.
- Masonite stucco board is not approved.
- Masonite/Hardboard - shall be prefinished and guaranteed against peeling or buckling for
at least 5 years, such as Masonite Colorlok or Super Side prefinished hardboard siding.
- Vinyl Siding - shall be minimum thickness of 42 mil, Pure PVC, must have a warranty
for uniform fading, and a lifetime warranty to the original owner, such as Gold Bond.
NOTE: Shop grade and seconds are not approved.
- Roof Materials.
- Cedar shake roof, tile, or composition roof (asphalt or fiber-glass).
As to Composition Roofs:
- Shingles shall be of a laminated architectural design.
- Shingles shall weigh no less than 250 lbs/square.
- 3-tab shingles are not approved.
- Pitch shall be 6/12 or greater.
- Additional exterior requirements
- Windows in the front of the home on the main level are to be a minimum of 5' in height.
Other windows may be double hung or casement and high quality aluminum windows
may also be permitted.
- Driveways - concrete.
- Mailbox and House Number - per standard design furnished with approval letter, or
other design submitted by owner.
- Fences - 48" in height, "Pinehill" (board on board) finished on both sides, CCA treated
pine 6 or 8" pickets, placement of fence to be approved.
- Landscaping - front yard and side yards to be sod; appropriate shrubbery and two 8' - 10'
trees in the front yard. (Landscaping to be completed upon substantial completion of the house).
- Storage buildings or utility buildings are not permitted.